Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Job Fair

I went to my first job fair today.

Very interesting.

I wasn't looking. I was there in support of a friend, and I looked the part in my hat and jeans. Hey, it's my day off.

Thoughts that came into my mind while there...

#1 - Hey, maybe there will be cute guys here... wait, they are all unemployed. Fail.

#2 - Woa, that lady smells like alcohol. Hopefully there are liquor stores here recruiting.

#3 - I'm loving the cool dude in skinny jeans and a suit jacket trying to talk with law offices. Not. Come on! Jeans?!

#4 - Why are there 6 Aflac booths? And why are they covered in huge stuffed animal ducks? Maybe the duck thing has gone too far.

All in all it was a great experience. Of course it was a people-watching hayday, and I looove that. I was so encouraged by the people who were really trying to get a job. Times are tough right now, and these people are working hard to find work. I can appreciate that.

It's days like these that make me very thankful for the awesome and perfect fitting job that I have right now. God's hands in my life are so clear, as He has prepared me specifically to work where I do now during this transitional and changing time in my life. Very thankful for all that I have.

To all of you looking for work - be encouraged, because there seems to be a quite a few jobs out there in Orange County!!

No comments: