Monday, January 4, 2010

Movies movies movieees

Over Christmas break I was able to spend some time watching movies. It was lovely. I want to share my finds with the world and my friends, so you will know what to pick up next time you are ordering from Netflix, or walking by a Blockbuster.


First and foremost, "Food Inc."

Food Inc. is a fantastic documentary that everyone in America should see. It exposes the corrupt ways of the food industry, hitting on issues not just about the actual (gross) food we are eating, but on the way it gets to our dining room tables. Maybe you are not an animal activist, but you have to also not care about human beings to accept what the food industry is doing today. Organic organic organic. If you don't want to watch the movie, then I will just encourage you to buy organic. Also, your eyes will be opened to the fact that there are a lot of young kids who are dying from e-coli. They feature one mom who lost her son after he ate a Jack in the Box hamburger. Crazy. 

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"The Proposal"
Bullock and Reynolds work so well together, as their timing is right on. It's hilarious. Weird ending, but worth the watch. Super light, funny comedic romance, to watch on a night where you just want to relax. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"Away we go"
Well who doesn't love John Krasinski? This movie was worth the chance to just sit and stare at him for 2 hours. This is a great, low budget, indie film that makes you think about your own life. What does "home" really mean? Where is our home? How do we make a home? These two travel the country trying to figure those questions out, while meeting up with well written, and hilarious characters. I also LOVED the underlining stories of the hurtful past that Rudolph's character experienced, as they never went fully into detail, but you could just see that she carried it around at all times. Superb acting. Great movie to gather the friends around, and discuss afterwards. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"When Harry Met Sally"
In all my life I had never seen this movie until now. I figured it was time because I feel as if in every modern movie that I watch, there is always a reference to "When Harry met Sally". I loved it. I loved the 70's and 80's styles that we rarely see anymore, and I loved the story. Now that I have seen it, other movies are beginning to make sense to me. If you are like me, and have been living under a cave for the last 20 years, pick up this flick, pop a bag of organic popcorn, and snuggle up to watch this classic gem. 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"My Sisters Keeper"
***Warning, hysterical sobbing will ensue at the watching of this movie***
Most importantly I need to tell you that this movie is NOT what I expected it to be. I avoided it for so long with the expectation that it would be just like every other "cancer movie" that has been made. I was wrong. I was pleasantly surprised at the way that they set this movie to play out, and I honestly could not predict what was going to happen next. I cried and laughed throughout this movie, and it felt good for my soul. I also want to give a shout out to Sofia Vassilieva, who played the cancer stricken sister in this movie. She is known to me by her acting in the TV series, "Medium", and I think that she is one of the most fantastic, unknown, actresses of our time. Getting a chance to see her in action, is worth the watch of "My Sisters Keeper". 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////


3 comments:

danielle marie. said...

the only one ive seen from these are The Proposal, and i loed it. i really want to see My Sisters Keeper and Away we go.

jordan said...

the only one i haven't seen is Food inc.

...yeah, just thought you should know.

oh and sometimes i read your blog.

Anonymous said...

I wanna see John Krasinski for 2 hours.....

Mmmmmmm.

<3 Jessie