Monday, December 14, 2009

I Still Love You Third Eye Blind

There is a special place in my heart for one 90's rock band - "Third Eye Blind". Even today, when I hear their songs come on 98.7, I turn up the volume, and rock out. There is just something about them... the passion and meaningfulness in his voice and lyrics... it gets me every time. Now, with this said, I only really ever got into their first, self-titled album, but I think in this new year, I am going to give their new stuff a try. And I would really like to see them in concert... if they even do that anymore... 

///////////////////////////////////////////

"I read dead Russian authors volumes at a time 
I write everything down except what's on my mind 
Cause my greatest fear is that sucking sound 
And then I know that I'll never get back out 

And there's a bone in my hand that connects to a drink 
In a crowded room where the glasses clink 
And I'll buy you a beer and we'll drink it deep 
Because that keeps me from falling asleep I said 
How'd you like to be alone and drowning 
How'd you like to be alone and drowning"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"Where we used to laugh 
There's a shouting match 
Sharp as a thumbnail scratch 

A silence I can't ignore 
Like the hammock by the 
Doorway we spent time in, swings empty 
Don't see lightning like last fall 
When it was always about to hit me 

I wonder how's it going to be 
When it goes down 
How's it going to be 
When you're not around 

How's it going to be 

When you found out there was nothing 
Between you and me 
Cause I don't care 
How's it going to be"

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

And well, he's on the table
And he's gone to code
And I do not think anyone knows
What they are doing here

And your friends have left you
You've been dismissed
I never thought it would come to this
And I, I want you to know

Everyone's got to face down the demons
Maybe today we can put the past away

I wish you would step back from that ledge my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies
That you've been living in and if you do not want to see me again
I would understand, I would understand, I would understand"

////////////////////////////////////////////////

Take a gander at their awesome, and cheesy 90's music vid. There is no way that this video does justice to the song. 

"How's it going to be, when you don't know me anymore?"

I find this lyric really touching. 


2 comments:

jordan said...

unfortunate

Carrie said...

riiiiight. like that whole thing with Goo Goo Dolls wasn't a guilty pleasure?