Saturday, November 14, 2009

I can feel my leg!!!

I am SO excited, because I am feeling SOOO much better!!!

I know that A LOT has happened since I last updated my blog, but it has been a really difficult time, and I had been talking to SO many people about what happened (including the government health people almost every day... they are so annoying), that I just felt weird about publicizing to the whole world about what was happening. So, if this blog seems kind of out of context, it's probably because I haven't published the whole story of what has been happening, but maybe I will in the future. In the meantime, this post is just to remind people that I don't look like (or walk like) the girl in the videos I posted below (it's a different syndrome I was afflicted with), and to remind everyone out there that I personally don't think young healthy people should be getting ANY kind of vaccine (especially the swine flu, and HPV). 

On Wednesday I was bumming pretty hard because my primary doctor finally put a for real diagnoses to my case. She claims that I actually had a minor case of Guillain Barre Syndrome. 

CRA.ZEE.NESS.

Now, while the neurologist had kind of been saying this (under his breath) all along, he still didn't want to claim it. I loved that my primary doc did. She has actually known me for almost 11 years now, so when I saw her face when she actually examined me and looked over my lab results, and THEN told me NOT to exercise (she's a fitness QUEEN), I started to cry a little. I was totally freaked out. She actually ordered MORE MRI's (sigh), another EMG, and sent me on my way with a strict order of "bed rest" (once again), reminding me that this is a "serious condition, and that I need to rest". 

NOT.FUN. 

Anyway, I still felt pretty crappy and numb on Wednesday and Thursday, but Friday morning I woke up and I was like, "Huh... I can feel my leg..." 

I attempted the stairs (which has been a difficulty for TOO long now), and approached my roomie watching Project Runway (<3<3<3)

I tried wracking my brain for anything that I had done differently the day before, and realized that I had cheated on my diet, and ate a few french fries. If only it were true that french fries cured Guillain Barre Syndrome - the world would be a better place. 

But, today has been fantastic! Usually I need like 3 naps because I am so fatigued, but I felt energized all day. Plus I am not walking like a freak anymore, and when I do walk, I don't feel like my legs are going to give out (well, I guess as long as I am not pushing it...). 

So basically, the numbness is still in my right hand and both of my feet (but my right foot is waaay more affected). For now, I am just going to keep resting this weekend, and pray to God that every day brings on more healing for me. It will be great to be able to stir something again, or pick at my nails (I know it's a bad habit, but it's weird when you can't do it). Or, another thing I can't do with my right hand is pick stuff up with just my fingers, or separate pieces of paper with my fingers (weirdest thing ever!). Another habit I have been missing is shaking my leg while resting. I don't know if anyone else out there does this, but for some reason I do. Well, since my leg has gone numb, it's like my body has no desire to do that. Weird. 

Gah. Everything is weird in these past 2 weeks. 

Anyway, I appreciate everyone's prayers SO much! And I would still love to have your prayers, but when you think of me, please think of my friend's cousin who lives in Pasadena, who is struggling with FULL BLOWN Guillain Barre Syndrome. He is MY age, and his onset was after the Swine Flu Shot as well! He is stable, but please join me in prayer that he will get back to walking SOON. 

And again, AVOID those vaccine's! They are just not good for you (my personal opinion of course). 

2 comments:

Dezlia said...

Soooo soooo good to hear....but about that shaking your leg thing while resting, as a mom, a bad habit you don't need ;) Maritza does it all the time!

Praying....for all.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for the bit of recovery, and I am praying for more!! I use your story all the time to warn people about the vaccine.

<3 Jessie