Saturday, November 28, 2009

"The Blind Side"

In the midst of writing my big paper for Early Church History (My argument in sum: The fall of the Roman Empire led to the Christian adoption of Just-War theory), I had a date night with my dad that consisted of dinner and a movie. It was fab. 

Let me start by saying, I looove all movies that are based on an encouraging athletic true story, and I will only see them with my dad. "The Blind Side" was going to be no exception, and even after watching "Rudy" on Thanksgiving with the fam, "The Blind Side" touched my heart even a bit more than the Notre Dame tale. 

I highly recommend that you see this true story, based on the life of Michael Oher, who went from sleeping on the streets at the age of 7, to being adopted by a loving family in Memphis, Oher's journey is truly inspiring. The movie will make you laugh, cry, and ponder how you can do more in this life. The acting is superb, even as Tim McGraw plays the adoptive dad, and does a wonderful job. 

My favorite line in the movie (and maybe in all movies, ever), was - 

"Who would've ever thought we'd have a black kid for a son, 
before meeting an actual democrat?" 

A picture of the real Michael Oher, and family

It's a delight to watch, and a definite buy for me (movie, and the book). 

Enjoy!

No comments: