Wednesday, September 30, 2009

"Narrow is the Road"...

Every day that I go to work, it becomes more apparent to me that in fact - I am a Christian. 

Not that I doubt this a lot, but I have had friends who have doubted their salvation at one point, and some who wonder why they aren't more excited about Jesus, all the time. And I for one, am definitely a person with this fleshly mind, who will do things like... cuss... manipulate... not care about people... gossip... etc. And sometimes when these gross things happen inside and around me, I'll think...  "Small is the gate and narrow is the road"...

But the more I am at work these days, the more that I notice what a FREAK I must look like to other people. 

First off, I am hopeful. I have hope in Christ and everlasting life. And though this past year has been reeally hard for me, I still walk into work with a smile on my face because of the plain and simple fact that I know Jesus. Everyone else... not so much. 

Second, I cry when people die. Thank God for this, because I used to not cry. And sometimes I have to hide my tears because I don't want to be perceived as as "weak". 

Thirdly, I am just plain nice. And I don't mean to say this because I have big ego (because if you know me really well, you know that I am not a saint of niceness), but when my personality is put up against others, I look like a saint. I don't even really have to try. It's so weird. 

I feel blessed to be in this situation, because the fact that the Holy Spirit lives within me, is on show for everyone to see. I pray that God would use me in this situation, for His glory. 


No comments: