Friday, October 2, 2009

I hate the "middle".

I've always said that I hate the "middle". I hate the "middle" of most debates in this world. And one of these worlds is within politics. To me, Republicans are the epitome of "middle". I've always said, "call me a liberal or a libertarian... that way, I am not a hypocrite". 

Anyway, mostly I am a liberal, but I do struggle with some ideas of libertarianism. And I never thought I would say this, but I actually agree with Ron Paul about something!!! 

As you read in my Michael Moore post below, I have been saying forever (just ask my roommate, we had a huge debate about this), that it is ridiculous that Madoff would go to jail for his ponzi scheme, because the government is in on the biggest of ponzi schemes ever! Thank you Ron Paul for backing me up on this, I think I will definitely pick up your book. 




**Writer's Note**
This is why I definitely do struggle with the whole political debate of liberalism and libertarianism. Do I think the government does a great job? No, not really. Is a bigger government the answer? Honestly, I don't know. But like I said, I HATE the middle ground. Republicans are NOT about small government... Libertarians are. So my struggle is that I think it should be one or the other - big government, or little government. But the problem with little government, I believe, is shown in our history... it just doesn't work. I don't know... it's a constant battle within my brain...

I might be a libertarian one day, but I'll never be a repub.

No comments: