Monday, September 21, 2009

2+1


I was watching the Emmy's tonight (Tivo), while crying like a baby (I cry over happy things...), and it hit me - Hollywood really is their own community. And as a community, they have a big say in what's cool and not cool in this world. 

This made me even more excited about the adventure that Rock Harbor Church is about to make - planting a church in Hollywood! How cool is that?! Apparently, one of their leaders has has a big heart for Hollywood (working in the business), and he has been meeting with several men (who are also in the business) for a long time now. Well, it has kind of developed into more now... so they are going to do more. 

Planting a church in Hollywood is 1 of the 3 things RH will be focusing on this year. They launched their "2+1" campaign last weekend, and I was really stoked. 

So the the "1" equals a church plant in Hollywood, and the "2" equals a launching of 2 new Rock Harbor campus' - one in South County (Laguna Hills High School to be specific), and the other in Fullerton. 

So this announcement might be just a preface to a big announcement to come later... think: Fullerton... college students... RH campus... maybe I'll move to Fullerton...

Anyway, I have never been more certain that at Rock Harbor is exactly where God wants me to be right now, and I am thankful for that stability and safe haven in my life. 

No comments: