Monday, June 15, 2009

Forgive and forget?

Today I went by my high school to get my transcripts to prove I took biology. I literally could not remember if I took that class or not. Come to find out, I failed the first time, so I took it twice.

I spent two years studying something, 8 or 9 years ago, and I don't even remember what kind of room I sat in, or who my teacher was, or how it felt to fail. I don't even remember failing!

Recently, I feel like I've gone through a lot of failure, amongst a lot of success. And honestly, I truly don't think that I will ever fail this much ever again. Because the lessons I've learned from these failures, were big ones, and they will definitely help me to be such a better person in the future.

Yet, how do you forgive yourself for things you've done? Especially when you might not even be forgiven by the person you wronged? I don't know the answer to that. If I did, I think I'd be rich. And honestly, it would be great (and kind of cliché) for me to say something like, "well God forgives me, and that's all that matters." Nope, that's not what I have for you tonight. All I have to say, is that there will come a day when I hope that I LITERALLY don't remember anymore. I don't want to remember the room, or the feeling of failure, I don't want to remember. So, 8 more years... Not too bad. ;-)

7 comments:

Andrew Faris said...

If it makes you feel any better I took Physics in high school one and a half times- repeated second semester.

Except I remember the room layout and the teacher (Jim Warren, who I still occasionally play disc golf with).

Andrew

blythe said...

did you have Mr. Dickey? He taught bio at trabuco (I had the class with him), but I say "taught" quite loosely. he spent most of the time talking about how he coached football. or anything else. i learned nothing.

blythe said...

p.s. i realize that wasn't really the point of your post...

jordan said...

i never passed algebra. algebra!


-_-

btw carrie, you are missed tremendously.

Carrie said...

You guys are all hilarious.

Jordan, umm thanks, but where have I been? :)
But really, I was JUST thinking today, why the heck don't I hang out with Blythe or Jordan more often?

Pigtails and Pinstripes said...

Bill Lockhart says that the key to happiness is having a horrible memory. Looks like you're going to be super happy in your life! I'm right there with you.

Carrie said...

Kendra - what's up?! Bill Lockhart, wow, is that guy a Christian yet? I've been waiting years to see him again so that I could ask him if he is a Christian, and then he will say, "Nope, but I follow Jesus' example from the Bible, because He was the greatest Man to ever live."

And NOW, I will say, "Really Captain Lockhart, because Jesus says that whoever doesn't believe in Him, will be in hell for eternity. So I would assume that you would think he is more of a lunatic...?"

Anyway, I just can't believe that guy isn't a Christian... he's so nice! Well, maybe he should be LDS then.

That is a good quote though... very good.