Friday, June 5, 2009

The start of a new season.

So I'm entering into a new season in my life and I'm pretty stoked about it. I've been working at my church for a little over a year now as the church administrator, and it's been... well, an adventure. I learned SO much while at this job, and I worked with the most amazing people ever (whom I will miss like crazy!), but God is definitely moving me out. It's a little sad to say goodbye to working everyday with so many fantastic people, but I have such PEACE about this move. I seriously haven't been this happy in a really long time. 

So, I never heard back about the Biola job, so I took a job in the ICU at a local trauma center. I'm pretty stoked about it because I said that if I didn't get the Biola job, this would be the job I would want. These jobs were kind of two totally different directions for me, and I was really praying and asking God to help show me His will through which job was offered to me. 

If you've known me, or been following my blog for a while, then you know that I'm torn in two different directions: One - the university field/seminary, or, Two - hospital/nursing. I've been having such a hard time figuring out what I want to do because I love them BOTH. So I desperately need God. I need Him because ultimately this life is all up to Him anyway, so I just need to know which way He is wanting me to go. Well right now, I believe that God has really opened the door for nursing. He definitely flung the door open for this ICU job, in which the director was suuuper stoked that I was "spiritual" because she said they needed "someone like me around". How awesome is that?! I am literally going to devote a lot of my time praying for a revival among the staff. So I am going to start to go in the direction of nursing. I'm taking baby steps. I'm taking a summer school course, and I will spend the summer praying about going back to Saddleback in the fall (I got a grant that waives my tuition! Maybe another sign...). 

Please pray with me about this.

In my prayers, I also focus on my future if I were to be blessed with a spouse and family. Something very enticing to me about nursing is that I believe I would be putting myself in a position to let my future husband spend time investing in something he's passionate about. I'm a very passionate person, and I can definitely see myself marrying someone who is passionate as well. Usually when we are passionate, we aren't able to fully fulfill those things because we have to work a 9-5 job, on top of pursuing what we truly love in our spare time. I don't want my life to be spent watching the person I love and respect, being trapped in a 9-5. I'm not saying I want to be an egalitarian bread winner, just saying that I'm passionate about healthcare and could make a good living, and I don't want me or my family to miss out on what we love the most.

Now, you may be wondering about my junior high kiddos. Well, first off, I love them soooo much! I am definitely going to be serving through the summer, and just praying about the rest. Not sure if I could continue directing a ministry as I'm taking some really difficult science classes. But God knows, and I'm stoked for the future! His plan is bigger and better than anyone's ideas, and as long as we keep submitting to what He's doing, everything will be taken care of in the end. 

4 comments:

carissa anne said...

so cool, carrie! very exciting.

you and i have very different personalities, but God uses your enthusiasm and earnestness to wake me up sometimes, and that is a good thing. :]

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Carrie. I'm praying for you to be open to God's 'nudges'.
-Alicia Miller

Anonymous said...

"egalitarian bread winner".....ha ha ha ha ha ha!

Love you Carrie, so excited for you!!

<3 Jessie

blythe said...

i gave you an award today! see my blog for info. :]