Thursday, May 28, 2009

Jon and Kate

The season premiere of Jon and Kate Plus 8 was on the other night and it was quite disturbing. They are basically headed for a divorce and it's soooo sad. But I feel as if I'm going to be such a better wife for have watching this show. In doing so, I've learned everything you shouldn't do as a wife, and how NOT to treat your husband.

#1 - Don't yell at him, everyday, all the time.
#2 - Don't hit him.
#3 - Don't control every move he makes.
#4 - Don't let him lose his identity.
#5 - Don't make him feel like a child.
#6 - Don't verbally abuse.

I was talking to the Worrell's about this, and they were saying that they see this happen a lot. Women are ridiculous when it comes to treating their husbands, and one day, the husbands snap, and they leave.

I feel as if every day God is teaching me more and more about what it means to be a wife, and so I just get more and more scared of how much work it's going to be. And I'm not really asking for these lessons so I'm also a little nervous about what He has in store for me...

Change is a coming...

7 comments:

Simone Knepper said...

LOve & Respect... sounds cliche, but it's a great book.

Alicia Miller said...

I'm scared too, Carrie! Scared it will be too easy to chose to be selfish. =(
And that poor family...I say, get the cameras out of there.

Anonymous said...

It's not that hard. I mean, it's not easy all the time of course, but if you date for long enough to see how both of you will act in the relationship, you wont be in for any surprises when you get married. I am a huge advocate for long-time dating before saying "I do," like at least 3 years. It giveou will treat yos you both time for the "OMGoodness, my significant other is perfect!" feeling to wear off. And for the record, I think you will treat your hubby very well!

Love Jessie

Anonymous said...

It's not that hard. I mean, it's not easy all the time of course, but if you date for long enough to see how both of you will act in the relationship, you wont be in for any surprises when you get married. I am a huge advocate for long-time dating before saying "I do," like at least 3 years. It gives you both time for the "OMGoodness, my significant other is perfect!" feeling to wear off. And for the record, I think you will treat your hubby very well!

Love Jessie

Frank Morgan said...

you're the bomb carrie!

Pigtails and Pinstripes said...

What I think is even more scary is that her first book is totally based on their faith and how that has helped them to get through such trying times. I think it is so sad to hear them talking about divorce, especially as Christian "role models".

Melz said...

God commanded of wives to respect their husbands. It's true that men value respect because they were created to be the leaders of the home.
That said, if we are the bride of Christ, would you be verbally abusing Christ as your husband? Hitting him? Trying to control him? Absolutely not. I try to think about that when I feel my husband is less than ideal. ;]
Divorce is rampant, the world really has no reason to respect marriage because it was created by a God they refuse to acknowledge. I mean, just the fact that people like to watch marriages publicly crumble while networks make money off of it, is so sad.