Monday, March 9, 2009

These are a few of my favorite... PEOPLE!

I had such a wonderful Monday! I literally spent the entire day in awesome conversation with awesome people. I wish all of my days were like this...

I started out in Spiritual Direction through Talbot Seminary. Spiritual Direction is a little like counseling, but with more emphasis on your relationship with God. These people just literally, spiritually direct you. I love being directed because the directOR will often be able to pick up on patterns, and other things as you talk, and are really able to help you in whatever area you are wanting spiritual guidance in. It's hard to explain (especially because I am being very vague at what I am IN spiritual direction for specifically), but I won't be so shy in the coming weeks because I really want you (reader) to know more about this great program. 

I also hung out with 3 of my favorite people in this world. Each of whom is uniquely different, but great all at the same time. 

Steve Salisbury

Steve and I's topic conversation is always centered on Ecclesiology. We usually start there, then go to books we are reading/want to read, then to wedding stuff with him and Devon, then what he plans on doing with his life, then probably back to Ecclesiology. It's always a delight. 


Matt Gundlach

Weeeell, Matt USED to read my blog... ;)  just kidding Matt...
Matt is a great guy! We worked together in Social Justice Ministry way back in the day, and he has done awesome things when it comes to Social Justice at Biola; God has used him hugely in this area. I loooove talking to Matt because I feel like I can be free to be myself when it comes to discussing politics and Kingdom centered theology, and so I just love being around him. AND, he always comes to my chapels when I speak... thanks Matt, you're the best!


Johnny (Pepper) Dunne

Only John would have this air freshener in his car... love it...  ;)
Conversations are always fun with John because you are never quite sure where it's going to go. Tonight's went for 4.5 hours at the local Starbucks in which time FLEW by, and we also got to visit with another old friend (Isai). My favorite part about talking to John is when I can be explaining something SO vague about a passage, and he will remember exactly where it is and what it's about. It's truly amazing. Today we got into discussions on adoption and pacifism, and it was soo great. Plus, John likes the show "LOST", and since he is a genius, he picks up on all of these things that I miss and so talking to him about the show makes everything ten times better.  John is presenting his NT/OT paper at the California ETS coming up, and I am stoked to go (more on that later)! If you don't know, John's heart lies in Utah where he loves talking with members of the LDS church. His girlfriend Kristi also feels called to ministry in Utah, and together they make a great team. Kristi is actually getting her masters degree at BYU! John is currently working on his master in New Testament at Talbot.

I truly cannot WAIT to see what God does with these 3 lives. All of these guys love the Lord so much, and they just want to be a light in this dark world. They are truly inspiring to me, and I am so blessed to know them. 

No comments: