Monday, March 2, 2009

Posi/Neg's

Haven't done one of these in a while...

+ Just finished reading Mike Erre's book... amaaazing.
- Haven't seen the fam in a while... I miss them
+ Camyron and Bammer both have potential men in their lives :)
- "The Bachelor" wasn't nearly as dramatic as I thought it was going to be
+ Winter camp was aWeSoMe!!!
- Still humming "Shiver" a little bit, but it's getting better
+ Enjoying work at the ER
- Need an oil change
+ Loving my house
- Erin Bowen is moving to Colorado
+ Stoked on what the future holds, and what God is doing in my heart...

The other day I was listening to NPR and there was this secular psychiatrist on the air talking about depression. He began to talk about how some people use their faith as a tool to help them, and started to explain why Christians are able to look to a God who became human, to help them with this. For some reason the way he was explaining the incarnation just hit me like it never had before. It was almost as if he was so in awe with the idea of the creator of the universe loving His creation so much that He would choose to come to earth as a man so He could help them. 

Is this the God that I love and worship? Is this the God that I serve with everything in me, and try to glorify in all that I do? Is this the God that I put on the back burner for other people and things? Is this the God who I don't trust at times? Is this the God who has saved me? 

For God so loved the world...

For God so loved the world...

This is what God is doing in my heart. What's He doing in yours?

3 comments:

Simone Knepper said...

have you EVER changed your car's oil? why now all of a sudden?
who's bammer's man?
who's erin?

Camyron Lee said...

UGH?! Carrie Freakin' Allen...are you kidding me?

Luckily no one reads your blog.

Carrie said...

Why now all of a sudden what? That I need to change my oil? Because the light is on... ;)

And YES, I HAVE changed my oil... once or twice in the last 7 years.

Erin is my good good friend from Biola! :)

Camyron, everyone reads my blog. They won't admit it, but they do...

Bammer's man. Two words - Rock. Harbor.