Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Update on George

George is doing much better today! He is breathing on his own (though the intubation tube is still in place until Wednesday morning, hopefully), and he is responding to Dona and the boys. They have told him to blink, squeeze hands, and other signals so that they know he understands them. He responds every time! This is great news! 

Please be praying that tomorrow the doctor will be able to take out the intubation tube once and for all. 

Dona and the boys seemed to be doing much better today, and the boys are even going to head out to Vegas this weekend for one of their final shows of their tour on Sunday night (and i'm probably going to go too!...) 

And apparently since there seems to be many people looking at my blog for updates, I was asked to please remind everyone not to call the hospital for information. It seems that the hospital has been getting bombarded with phone calls. I hope that my updates are adequate and helpful for you :)  And just so you know - the Sabolick's are open to, and love visitors. 

As I was sitting in the waiting room today with everyone, I got a phone call from my family that my sister had been hit by a car! I ran out of there and headed over to a different hospital, and found her just fine. It was a hit and run as she was walking across the street. Someone called 911, and they took her to the hospital. Luckily, she only had torn some ligaments in her knee, and sprained her knee as well. So crazy. 

Then, unfortunately, in the midst of seeing so many doctors and nurses I hadn't seen for a long time, I was told that one of the nurses I worked with for many, many years had passed away of a heart attack only 2 hours prior to my sister's visit, in Saddleback ER. It was just so crazy to hear about that. Gosh, so crazy. 

On top of it all, I was trying to make time to listen to the radio about the inauguration. How about Rick Warren's prayer? Awesome. Today was truly a great day to be an American (hopefully I will have time to write more on this later). 

As I was thinking about my day today - George... my sister... President Obama... the nurse I worked with who passed away... the person who hit my sister with their car... all the people who were sick today at the ER when I worked tonight... I started to become overwhelmed with all the life situations that were surrounding me. And I also just became more in awe of God because He is there with everyone, through ever situation... kind of amazing...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Carrie...so much going on with you right now!! Hang in there sweetie!! If anyone can handle it, it's you. This may sound totally simplistic, but when my junior highers get overwhelmed, I tell them to slow down and pray for each thing one at a time until you feel like you have gotten it all out. Somehow, I always feel God's peace after I do that. Love you girly!

Love Jessie