Monday, January 19, 2009

Latest on George Sabolick...

Talked with Dona tonight (and cried). I just love their family. 

George's body has not been responding well to coming off of the sedation. I think this is fairly normal (we have to remember that his body has been through some major trauma...). After 4 tries, and no luck, the doctors have decided to wait until tomorrow (Tuesday) to try and take him off sedation again. 

Last night, Dona, Jordan, and Adam slept at the hospital. Small side note - I just so happened to have a quilt my mom handmade for me in my car. This quilt is amazing. It's purple, and soft, and I love it because it's from my mom and so whenever I touch it, I just think - "love". Well I gave it to the boys for their mom to sleep with in the waiting room (because really, those hospital blankets are horrible). Dona said she loved it, but how could you not? Thanks mom, your love is being spread all around!

So tonight, the Sabolick's decided it would be best to sleep at home (most definitely the best choice!). 

How can you pray?
  • Pray for George - That God would give him peace so that he could come off the sedation without major anxiety. And of course, pray that he would have no brain damage. 
  • Pray for Dona - That God would give her rest tonight so that she would be energized in the morning. 
  • Pray for Adam, Jordan, and Richard (the eldest brother) - That God would give them comfort and wisdom as they have to deal with the stresses of their dad's illness, and take care of their mom. 
  • Pray for all family members - That God would give them strength and endurance to put their lives on hold for a bit. 
The doxology just came to my mind... so sweet...

Praise God, from Whom all blessings flow;
Praise Him, all creatures here below;
Praise Him above, ye heavenly host;
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.


I will give you updates as soon as I get them. I am speaking in chapel tomorrow morning at Biola, and then after that I will be heading over to the hospital. 

1 comment:

Susie Q said...

Carrie,
Thank you so much for posting these updates. I've been forwarding them on to everyone who keeps calling me for updates on George! I Love you.

Susan