Tuesday, December 30, 2008

"The Park"

"Why should he come back
 through the park?
You thought that you saw him
 but no you did not.

It's not him who'd come across
The sea to surprise you
Not him who would know
Where in London to find you

With sadness so real that it populates
The city and leaves you 
homeless again.

Steam from the cup 
and snow on the path
The seasons have changed 
from present to past


The past
The past
Turns whole to half
The past

Why should he come back through the park?
You thought that you saw him but no you did not
Who can be sure of anything through
The distance that keeps you
From knowing the truth

Why would you think your boy could become
The man who could make you sure he was the one?

The one
My one
My one"

5 comments:

Simone Knepper said...

you gotta love feist!

StrivingPsalmist said...

When I saw the title of this blog, this song immediately popped into my head, and I started singing it... only to look at the very words I was singing to myself. Very trippy and very awesome.

Camyron Lee said...

I love feist, and that video is amazing.

Carrie said...

Jon, you are seriously the coolest. I can't believe this song would pop into your head...Feist? Really? You are pretty cool.

Oh, and Simone and Camy, you are cool too, but I already knew that. ;)

Stephen said...

Seriously, this is one of the greater songs ever written.