Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Lovely Parts of Ministry.

The BEST thing in the whole entire world is watching the young girls you have "mentored" or "discipled" grow up and begin to mentor and disciple other young girls. Literally, there is nothing better than this. There is nothing in this world that makes me happier than to watch this process...nothing. You get the point?

So anyway, I was talking about this with Camyron on Sunday, and I was so encouraged (and teary-eyed AGAIN) as I read her blog post on her night with her small group of girls as they decorated Christmas cookies.

Here they are...

I watched Camyron and Pam (who are leaders in High School ministry now) grow up into the godly women they are today. I can't really take too much credit for their character and love for God, but I will say - I have prayed for them a lot. ;)

I tried to be there as best as I could, committing to Wednesday Night and Sunday morning youth groups, youth events on Friday nights, sleepovers, camps, mission trips, long phone calls and nights when we just talked about life...I poured everything I had into them in hopes that they could live a life that was glorifying to God (I am totally crying right now...Camyron can appreciate that). I tried explaining to them a million times how much I cared for them and loved them, and I don't think they fully understood until they became leaders themselves. Now Camyron and Pam will sit with me and tell me of the love they have for their girls, and it touches my heart because now they understand where I have been coming from this whole time. 

Me and Camy at a summer camp we try not to remember... ;)

80's Night...they are so little...(Pam, Bethany, Stefanie, Maritza)

Geek Golf (Pam, Me, Bethany, Chris, Tyler)

Anyway, there are a million other pictures I could show you, and billions of stories, and hundreds of other kids, but I just want to say that I have been so blessed to have been able to pour into lives that I love over the past 5 years, and I only could plea with God to let me be 80 years old one day and see a history of successful ministry well done with the help of my hands, my mouth, and my heart; all for His glory.



2 comments:

Camyron Lee said...

Aw Carrie...stop crying!
We look like wimps when we cry;)
Thanks for the shout out, God is SO good.

Ruthi said...

I miss you Carrie! Hope the holidays are going well for you and you are enjoying our lovely winter weather! :)