Monday, December 8, 2008

I should be shot.

I am a pretty faithful person. 

I stay faithful to friends, boyfriends, family, commitments (usually), God...etc. 

But there is one person in this world that I stay waaay too faithful too, and for this, I should be shot. 

Her name you ask? Yes, it's a her...Britney Spears. 

Seriously, stop laughing. 

Britney and I go way back to my high school days of "Hit me baby one more time". I remember watching that video of her, in the knee highs, at school, for hours. I ran out and bought a million pairs of those knee highs and a plaid skirt and showed up to school the next day to find myself matching about half of the female population. 

I remember getting my first ticket on that sneaky corner on Los Alisos. What was I doing? I was blasting Britney Spears "Oops I did it again" (Ironic?), going about 66 in a 50. 

That year, Britney went on tour and I proudly bought $80 tickets and watched her live at the Pond. She is honestly a great performer in pop culture. 

Unfortunately, poor Britney started to go a little crazy, I became a Christian, and my heart went out to her. I prayed for her all the time, and would read all about her in the news. 

Now it's 2008 and her new album just came out. I had heard about it because she had this hour and a half special on MTV the other night to give "her side of the story"; of course I watched it. But it was good. And I felt for her. She is lonely, and she is in desperate need of the Lord. I also admire her passion and perseverance in this life. She is passionate about her job as a performer, and I personally think that she is good at it. Her new single "Circus" is great. The little bridge "All eyes on me in the center of the ring just like a circus..." is sooo good. I mean, I am really not a "pop" person at all anymore. All I listen to is indie music all the time, but this song had me dancing away. 

Anyway, I am not endorsing this album for all you readers out there because I did not buy the whole thing, and I have only listened to the song "Circus", and so I don't know what other kind of things are in that album. I just wanted to remind you all to be praying for Britney... and that it's okay to like her. ;)


3 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

Well she's going on tour again... let's go? I'm serious.

Anonymous said...

All I know is she has that new video right now where she's like completely naked the whole time, I think it's call Womanizer.

I love the early Britney...I miss her...

Jessie

Carrie said...

Yes Jessie, you are correct. Horrible video. I don't recommend it.