Sunday, November 16, 2008

Vacation Day 2 - Portland, Oregon

Hi! Well first off, if you don't know, I am up here in Seattle visiting Bethany and Maritza because they go to the Bible college up here. It has been so great seeing them, and it has been wonderful meeting all their new friends and roomies, and getting a glimpse into their life out here! An end is coming to my second day on vacation, and I have already had SO much fun!

Today (Saturday), we spent the day in Portland, Oregon. Portland is about 3 hours south of Seattle, and is also home to our friend Eric (from our home church in Irvine). So we thought it would be great to take a mini road trip in our awesome rent-a-car and go see Eric. :)

We stopped off at the capitol on Washington...it was beautiful...

I definitely took the best picture of the day...

In color...

Just the four of us...

Fun!

Headed into Portland...

Lots of bridges...

We went to a street faire...

Ate Gyro's...

Cool shot by Bethany...

Then there is always this guy...
And this guy too...

Camyron, Kettle Corn, Big bus in the background...

Me and the hat I should have bought...

The entire place was named "Skidmore" (Maritza's last name!)

Street Faire under a bridge in Downtown Portland

These water fountains never stopped a-floatin'...

Powell's Bookstore! BY FAR the greatest reason to live in Portland

I was SO excited about the ROWS of "Christian" books...we spent sooo long in here...

And I walked away with some good finds!

We met up with Eric for dinner and had to pay no sale tax. I love Oregon...

Eric and Maritza (Eric goes to law school in Portland...he's pretty smart)...
Such a great day!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow because we will be checking into our hotel in downtown Seattle, which is 2 blocks from the space needle. I can't wait to get right into the city! We are also going to check out Mars Hill Church. :)

2 comments:

Bethany Pee said...

http://gs75.photobucket.com/groups/i288/AZKTIUBAU2/th_IMG_0001.jpg

thhhhhhat was the best picture that you took

blythe said...

funnnnn. portland is rad. i hope you said hi to eric for me.