Thursday, November 20, 2008

Junior Highers are Awesome!

So, I am back from Seattle and it was a great trip! I was so happy to be back with my junior highers at youth group last night; they are wonderful!

Last night we talked about how much God loves us, and we went through the Bible looking at all the different ways God loves us. At the end, I asked the kids - "So, do you understand how much God loves you?!" And one of the students was like, "Yah. God doesn't just LOVE us...He like...LOVES us...with an 's'...He like, reeeeally LOVES us..." 

How cute is that?! 

THEN, I have been trying to teach the kids a big word here and there, and so I have been working on "propitiation". I seriously almost started crying last night when they could define "propitiation". How amazing is it when an 11 year old can literally define "propitiation" for you!? Ah! So exciting! 

I have also been teaching them Dr. Lunde's "servant - disciple - king" triangle, and I keep repeating it over and over and over...they can totally write it up on the board now. They have it down! And I love how they relate "propitiation" with the triangle! Because of "propitiation" (servant to disciple), we then honor the king by obeying His commands, and therefore become more like the servant, Jesus. I love it! 

Anyway, things are going amaaaazing. And here are some pictures from a recent hawaiian bowling night we had. Our first real, Friday night event!









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Junior highers are completely awesome...I agree!

I have a hard time defining propitiation...wow!

Love Jessie

Bethany Pee said...

yay i can't wait to come home and help
...and take better pictures

jk *wink

<3 Megan said...

uh thanks bethany, those are mine :P

Kaitlin said...

he like LOVES us with an "s"

that is awesome-- i love it!

i miss you lady!

what ever happened to you? lets hang out soon!