Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Hello President Obama...

Well, just as I predicted back on February 20, 2008 (ya, that's right...click that link...), Barack Obama is now the President Elect of the United States of America. My congratulations are to you Mr. Obama, job well done. The campaign was great, you won a ton of states that should have gone to GOP, you worked hard, and I just hope that you are ready to come through with all the promises you have made. 

Last night, I had a few people over to celebrate the election, and I had everyone dress up. It was awesome. We had John McCain, Sarah Palin, Joe the Plumber, Proposition 2, Proposition 4, and alternate energy. It was great. 

Also, another funny thing happened. As Chris Reinhardt was coming into my house, he told me that my  lights were on in my car. We walked out there to check it out, and as I am opening my door, I see a set of eyes staring back at me from the inside of my car! 

I screamed and jumped back, as Chris flew forward to see what was happening. Seriously, don't you just love men? There could have been a man with a gun in there for all Chris knew...all he did was see me scream and run away, but he went towards the problem. ;)

Anyway, we realized it was a cat, and then I exclaimed, "Oh my gosh...it's my worst fear!" 

Then Chris calmly said, "Your worst fear is a cat in your car?"

I'm sorry, but I just think this story is so hilarious. I was so ridiculous about it... :)

So Chris let the cat out, and then we saw that the switch for the light was on, and the only way I can explain it is that the cat turned it on. Luckily, I didn't smell any pee, but hopefully the cat doesn't come back for another visit in the near future. 

Ya, I didn't talk much about the election...but I do have some things to say about Prop 8, and God's grace in my next blog post. Until then, happy November 5th. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meeeeoooow!

I went to my sister-in-law's last night to help with some wedding stuff and they were like crying they were so happy that Obama won, saying that before this they didn't want to bring children into this messed up world, and now they have hanged their minds! While I was there I got a phone call from another friend who proceeded to sing "It's the End of the World As We Know It" and tell me that he thinks Obama is the anti-Christ! Two ridiculous extremes at one moment...I could hardly stand it. ;)

Love Jessie

Carrie said...

Ohhh Jessie, you always brighten my day :)