Friday, October 17, 2008

I Heart Bible Majors

Last night I needed a book recommendation and so I sent out a mass text to all the Bible Majors in my phone. Considering it was after midnight, I didn't think anyone would really be awake, and was expecting many texts to come in in the morning. 

Well, I was wrong about that! I underestimated these Bible majors! The texts started flying in, more than I could handle. People were giving me amazing recommendations, and I was so excited to hear from people I hadn't in a while. After my overload of texts, I was imagining everyone sitting in their homes, up late, reading about...the Bible of course... ;) ...just as I do every night... ;)
But seriously, us Bible majors do love theology, and we love books, and we love texts, and so it was just the perfect plan. 

And for all my friends who read my blog and got my text, I decided on "The Ragamuffin Gospel"

Thanks for the advice!!!

6 comments:

Josh said...

I was actually in ampm when i got your text!
haha.
I must be a bad bible major for not being at home reading my bible.

carissa said...

hahahaha

that sounds awesome. i should try that.

StrivingPsalmist said...

Manning is the freakin' MAN. Maybe too much emphasis on grace, but the grace of God is, as we understand it, inexhaustible... anyway, good choice. :)

Anonymous said...

I was sleeping, only because I had to be at work at 6AM this morning. Normally I would have been up that late. I have been thinking about it all day though, and I was going to talk to you more about what you were looking for, but it sounds like you have got a good one to recommend. So...yay!

Love Jessie

Carrie Marie said...

How can anything have TOO MUCH grace?!!!

Anonymous said...

well i appreciate the grace you showed by not including what i recommended friend :) that was so hilarious. an unexpected night of fun and max lucado. :)

p.s. i was playing wii when you texted... guess i'm a sucky bible major too haha!!

love,

paul