Sunday, September 28, 2008

An Update.

  • I taught the Junior Highers this morning about God's grace and it was such a good morning. I have been praying for couches because we are trying to get the vibe going in J.high, and on Thursday, a lady walked into the church and said, "Hi, I have a free couch, do you want it?" I was so excited. But I was even MORE excited when I saw all the kids faces this morning. It was like Christmas in September! They were so stoked! I will take some pictures and post them up here soon.

  • I watched "Facing the Giants" this weekend and bawled my eyes out. So ridiculous. If you don't know about this movie, it is basically a bunch of Christians trying to copy a secular football, winning, story. But everything in it is over-dramatically Christian. The same people that made this one just came out with another one this weekend (or so I hear...). My favorite part was when a revival broke out at the school, and everyone started repenting of things, and praying in groups ;) ...the football coach is talking to the players and he says, "We need to start glorifying God all the time...in our relationships...on the football field...in the classroom...and when we are alone at home on the internet..." - then the shot pans to this one guilty faced kid...I was laughing so hard...not that that issue is funny...it was just so randomly out of place.

  • I picked up a hitch-hiker this weekend. I was on my way home at around 10pm and I saw a young girl standing in the middle of nowhere (on Oso) with a backpack and 3 bags full of clothes. She looked like a run-away so I turned around and asked her if she was okay. Long story short - I gave her a ride to a friends house (she was 20...), and was able to share the Lord with her. I randomly had some extra bibles in my car (seriously, it was random that I had them sitting on my dashboard...thank you Lord) and I gave her one and my phone number. She was suuuper receptive to hearing about the Lord, and it seems like God is really trying to hunt her down because she said that I was the third person this week that had shared the gospel with her (but she didn't say "gospel) ;) Pray for her...

  • The alkaline cleansing is going reeeally well. I already feel so much better. And I am serious.

  • Itunes is having a GREEEAT deal on Fernando Ortega tunes right now. They put together a sweet 2-CD set (34 songs!) for only $10! If you haven't started your Fernando collection yet, NOW is the time.

  • My life is kind of whoozy right now. I don't even know if whoozy is a word, but that's what it feels like. Half of my life is awesome, steady, and consistent. But another half is just completely out of control. I don't think I have ever had a time in my life where I have literally been trying to picture God in the center of my life. People always say, "Keep your eyes focused on the Lord..." Sometimes I used to get annoyed by the statement, but right now I know that there is nowhere else I can look unless I want to fall. If I can just keep my eyes focused on Him, I know He will bring me through this time.

"O to grace how great a debtor
daily I'm constrained to be!
Let thy goodness, like a fetter,
bind my wandering heart to thee.

Prone to wander, Lord, I feel it,
prone to leave the God I love;
here's my heart, O take and seal it,
seal it for thy courts above."

3 comments:

Frank And Lela said...

I MUST COMMENT: $10 for 37 Fernando Tunes!?!?!? That is outrageously good! There is little better than Fernando Ortega for the spirit. Just my preference mind you, but:

Some Bible Study + Fernando Ortega + A Selection of one of Charles Spurgeon's Sermons = PERFECT DAY!

Thanks for ringing the bell on this one Carrie!

theekevy said...

I felt like a bad person for laughing at "Facing the Giants." The emotional intensity was too much for me.

blythe said...

wow, you're a hitch-hiker-picker-upper?
braver than i.

awesome that the lord used that opportunity. let me know if she ever calls you....

...maybe she's that last roommate you're looking for ;)