Saturday, August 2, 2008

VBS Day 5 and Wrap-Up


Wow! What a crazy, amazing week it's been! I taught 4th and 5th grade in VBS this year, and three kids came to know the Lord! I have never seen such spiritual attack among young children until this week. I am someone who didn't become a Christ follower until I was 19 years old, and so I have always been kind of skeptical about young kids really understanding what a relationship with Christ meant. Well, my mind has definitely changed about that this week! I watched with my own eyes, and felt with the Spirit inside me, that those three kids lives had really been changed. Their eyes were opened and the scales on their hearts fell off. The gospel had truly penetrated their hearts. As for the two young girls who will be baptized this Sunday, I can say that I have never seen such true worship for our Lord come from two little hands and voices as I had seen this week. They are not just putting on an act or showing hand motions as they worship, but they are truly worshipping God. 






I needed this this week. I often ask myself what I am doing with my life, where am I going? I know God has called me to this church and this county for this time being, but life can get easily confused when other things all around seem so scattered. Like, where the heck am I going to live when I am done house sitting?! Oh how I would love to move back to La Mirada area, but that is not where my work life is right now. Single, single, that I am, and I am itching for an adventure. I want to travel the world, and behold things that my eyes can't even imagine. I want to experience things that I haven't experienced, and I want to see how other people and countries worship our same Lord and Savior. 

On Thursday, our VBS was in Asia, and we had a guy come and pretend to be with the kids in underground churches. My mind can't even imagine how that would be. I carry my bible in my purse around with me everywhere, and I blast my hillsong from my car stereo as I pull up to my church strategically located in the midst of many business's. This just could not be the case in China. I want to feel that. I want to know what that is like for my brothers and sisters in other parts of the world. 

Anyway, I am rambling, and I am taking away the thunder of the classic, yearly, birthday post on where my life will hopefully be going this next year. But the point of this entire post is that even though I am itching for a little more life experience before I settle down and get married (if that happens I guess...), I am still content of where I am at and what I am doing, for this time being, because many people are coming to know the Lord, and growing in their relationships with Christ because of the work that God is doing through these hands...my hands...God's hands. I guess I need to get used to the fact that though my mind can always be thinking of other places to be (whether it's grad school or Europe), I need to be where God wants me to be. I just need to keep running the race in hopes of that crown that is waiting for me in the end.

Let everything I do with these hands be for God's glory, and for the furtherance of His kingdom. Amen.

No comments: