Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Marriage and Families Series

For the past few days I have been working on a blog post about marriage and singleness. It just so happened that on Sunday, my pastor spoke about singleness out of 1 Corinthians, and there was some exegetical things which practically turn into possible behaviors that I wouldn't agree with. Now, not that my pastor is in the wrong here, because I could definitely be in the wrong (as I know that my opinions which have been shaped by Dr. Berding's research are not of the majority), but I want to hash it out a little more. 

I was especially motivated to do so after meeting with some of Rock Harbor's staff today because they love asking "why?". Church can become so typical sometimes, and it can become so mundane, and Rock Harbor is not afraid to ask, "Why does it need to be like this...?" It is kind of the same when it comes to this current "debate" over spiritual gifts; why must we be afraid of new ideas? Anyway, I am working on a little series about marriage and families, and I am very excited about it. I am not going to promise any certain number of entries, but I will promise that I am going to spend a lot of time, prayer, and thought into these coming entries, for (hopefully) your benefit (and mine of course). 

The first one to come in a few days will be an intro; and an overview of things that I learned while visiting Rock Harbor, and talking to their families administrator; and certain things that God has laid on my heart recently. The second post will be focused on singleness, and how we should define singleness as a "gift" ("charismata"). 

I look forward to your feedback. 

2 comments:

Frank Morgan said...

i was kinda hoping to read about your comments on the message he gave. i guess ill see your POV in the upcoming blogs.

carissa anne said...

i'm curious. good advert for return blog visits.