Friday, July 4, 2008

Can't Sleep = Morning Devotion

I couldn't sleep very well today. I know I am getting old now because I have come to that point in my life where even when I can sleep, I can't sleep past a certain time. I'm such an oldie ;)

So, instead of trying to fight it, I decided to wake up and start my day with a "devotion" (which I usually do at night). Lately the theme of my life has been focused a lot on the Holy Spirit. I think this is a good thing because out of the three (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit), I think that the Holy Spirit is the least talked about. This morning I decided to flip over to Galatians and read through and meditate on the fruits of the Spirit. I thought I would share with you some of the passages to encourage you, because it encouraged me. 

"Live by the Spirit...the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control...Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other...Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers."


No comments: