Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What I will miss most about Biola #29

#29 on the list is: Social Justice Ministry.

I have been a part of SJM for my whole time here at Biola, and it has been such a blessing in my life to have met and worked alongside people who are passionate about social justice.

I had the pleasure of directing our first ever "Genocide Awareness Week" in the Spring of 2007:




And this year, I am in charge of our annual Rock4Justice concert which is on May 2nd:



SJM meets weekly on Tuesday nights, and I will really miss getting together with people my age, who are passionate about making a difference in this world when it comes to poverty, the genocide in Darfur, human sex trafficking, the AIDS epidemic and its impact on children (specifically making them orphans), loving on and rehabilitating homeless people etc.

It seems that in these days, the church can easily forget that this is what Jesus is calling us to. He wants us to have a voice when it comes to these things.

I hope to stay in touch with SJM over the next few years while I still know people. I am praying that the Lord does some big things with the ministry, because some huge things have happened this year!

No comments: