Friday, April 4, 2008

Just a little update,

Well, I found out today that I didn't get the Residence Life job at Biola, so I will be officially leaving the wonderful city of La Mirada at the end of May.
The situation is definitely bitter-sweet.

Bitter because I would have LOVED to have been an RC, and poured into all the wonderful students here at Biola...and I am going to miss this place very much. I just started getting the hang of things around here. I will especially miss my bi-weekly trip to Whittier in the order of - Target - Jamba Juice - and Trader Joes (but I won't miss the smallness of Trader Joes..but I will miss all the lovely workers!).

Sweet because I am officially beginning a new season in my life and I am SO excited about it! I am definitely going to take a year off school (except for a few psych classes at Saddleback), and I am going to be working at my home church, Kingsfield. Now I will be able to use all of my time to pour into the lives that are in South Orange County.

I am really excited to see what this year is going to bring. I keep getting a sense from the Lord that I need to just be patient and wait on a few things that He is working out in me and around me.

In other news, the girls Bible major night was tonight (updated at 10pm). We had such a good time, and such a good discussion led by Dr. Michelle Lee-Bardwall about Ephesians 5. Thanks to the girls who came, I was so blessed!

4 comments:

Maritza said...

YAY! YOU'RE WORKING AT THE CHURCH:)
Dang, now I really need to work there.


<3
I'm so happy for you, Carrie.
I'm keeping you in my prayers for sure. I can't wait to spend a ton of time (hopefully) with you this summer. Teach me, oh great one!

Carrie Marie said...

Oh miss Maritza, you are so cute. I definitely think you should at least volunteer your time there for a bit...help me out administratively etc., then we could spend more time together...and you could get some good experience. You could help do stuff for the youth...and everything else that needs to get done around there. Like answer the phones! ;)

Either way, we will definitely spend more time together in the summer!

Carrie Marie said...

I like how I am just making administrative decision over my blog...hopefully Frank doesn't read this... ;)

Maritza said...

Hahah, yeah. Don't jump the gun. Let's just keep it in prayer. God favors you anyway, so if you want me there, He'll want me there.

;)