Monday, March 24, 2008

My heart is broken.

Before I became a Christian, I didn't know what love truly was.
I only looked out for myself.

When my heart met with Christ's love, I immediately began to love differently.
I started to do youth ministry and I fell in love with my "kids".
Paul speaks about the love he has for the Christians in his letters...he only wants the best for them because he cares so much for them.

This is how I care for my kids that I have looked after for over 4 years now. I love you guys very much.

And this is why it pains me, and just literally breaks my heart to have to say goodbye to one of my kids: Josh Kaplan.



Josh, you were greatly loved, and you will be greatly missed.
Ooo how I didn't want to lose you, not yet. I put all of my heart and soul into looking out for you and the other kids for years and yet you still slipped right through my fingers.
I've been talking to God a lot in these past 24 hours, and He has given me great comfort. He loved you so much and now you are together, healed, purified, righteous, joyful, and glorified.
It seems as if you have gone to the Lord on the day we celebrated Christ's death, and then were found on Resurrection Sunday. The sovereign timing of that is not to be taken lightly. Epehsians tells us that just as Christ has been made alive, risen, and seated at the right hand of the Father...so will we.
On the day we celebrated the truth of Christ's resurrection we learned that you had also been resurrected with Him.
I can't let myself ask "why" anymore. Who am I to know these things?
All I need to know is that God is sovereign, He is in control, He has been raised from the dead, and all of our hope lies in Him. We will meet again, and it will be a joyous occasion.

Here are some pictures I had in my iphoto of various mission trips, camps, and youth events:

AJ and Josh


AJ, Steve, and Josh


I love this one of all the kids chillin' during church service while on a mission trip


Winter Camp


Bouncehouse at FUZE


Being funny at breakfast


A memorial service will be held for Josh on:
Saturday March 29th, 2008 @ 10am
Kingsfield Church
*Formerly known as "Calvary Laguna"*
45 Tesla, Irvine, CA 92618
Please don't hesitate to email me if you need to: carrie.m.allen@biola.edu

3 comments:

Camyron Lee said...

Great job carrie, this really means a lot(I remember all those times when the pictures were taken). I love you, we'll all keep praying for his family.

Carrie Marie said...

i love you.

Bethany Pee said...

aww kauaiiii