Friday, March 21, 2008

It's Good Friday,

And what a Good Friday it is indeed.

I always become somewhat emotional during Holy Week. I absolutely love, and am so thankful that my heart is still so, incredibly, sensitive to Jesus' death and resurrection. Many times this season can bring talk of the Easter Bunny, and chocolate, but ever since I have become a Christian, I have never got caught up in that whole frenzy ever again. - It's Christmas that gets me, but I am working on that... -

Throughout the week I have been trying to listen to certain songs and meditate on their truths. Two of my favorites have been Hillsong's "Hosanna", and Fernando Ortega's "Sing to Jesus".

"Sing to Jesus" has been my song of meditation of praise to my Lord, here are some of the lyrics:

"Come and see, look on this mystery,
Lord of the universe, nailed to a tree.
Christ our God, spilling His holy blood,
bowing in anguish, His sacred head.
Sing to Jesus, Lord of our shame.
Lord of our sinful heart,
He is our great Redeemer.
Sing to Jesus, honor His name.
Sing of His faithfulness, pouring His life unto death.
Come you weary and He will give you rest,
Come you who mourn, lay on His breast.
Christ who died, risen in paradise, giver of mercy,
Giver of life.
Sing to Jesus, His is the throne.
Now and forever, He is the King of heaven.
Sing to Jesus, we are His own.
Now and forever, sing for the love our God has shown."


"Hosanna" has been my meditation song as a prayer to my Lord, here are some of the lyrics:

"Heal my heart and make it clean,
Open up my eyes to the things unseen,
Show me how to love like You have loved me,
Break my heart for what breaks Yours,
Everything I have for your kingdoms cause,
As I walk from earth into eternity,
Hosanna, Hosanna, Hosanna in the highest..."


What is there to say? What words can I possibly use on this blog to express the praise I have for the God who has saved me?!

Just think of all the people who lived before Christ, His beloved Israel. Oh how they yearned for the Messiah to come to save them. After everything they had done, turning their backs on God over and over again, and yet, He still loved His people so much that He sacrificed His own Son so we could be brought to life; life everlasting. And then, we learn that He did this so that anyone who believed would be saved (Romans 10:9-10). Not just the Jews, but Jew and Gentile.

We deserved death, but we were brought to life. And just as Jesus was made alive, raised to heaven, and seated at the right hand of the Father, so are we (Ephesians 2).

Jesus loves you.

1 comment:

Josh said...

Praise God for today!
Thanks for sharing your heart.
Hosanna is a beautiful song I have recently become obsessed with, too!
I hope you continue to grow in the knowledge and depth of Jesus' sacrifice today!