Monday, February 18, 2008

Words.

Have you ever noticed how powerful words can be?
They can put us in a good mood, or a bad mood...or any mood.

Today was just one of those days ya know?
One of those days where the words coming out of people's mouths were just not the words I wanted to hear. And not that those words would be classified as "bad" words...but just the truth. Sometimes you don't want to hear the truth.

So as I was sitting and thinking about all these words that were thrown my way today it really hit me.

What kind of words was I saying to other people? Am I speaking words of truth? Am I speaking words of encouragement? Am I speaking words which hurt? Am I speaking words that I don't plan on fulfilling?

Sometimes I just wish there was silence. Silence so I can focus on the only words which matter; God's words.

No comments: