Saturday, February 9, 2008

I wasn't going to steal!

Okay, so this story happened yesterday (Friday), but I almost forgot to blog about it.
It's a good one, so I didn't want to leave the story in the dust...it must be remembered.

Usually when I am really tired I sleep in the living room either on the couch or the futon because they aren't very comfortable to sleep on. This way, when my alarm clock goes off, I will just get up and go to class...out of, uncomfortableness.

This morning I was so tired, I actually got up, and just went to sleep again in my bed. This usually doesn't happen, so I must have needed sleep.

Anyway, when I woke up at around 2pm, I was angry because of how lazy I had been, and then decided I would just "get ready" for another 3 hours. Take a shower...send some emails...put some product in my hair...make a few phone calls...blow dry my hair...check my email...put on some makeup...etc. It was totally ridiculous.

But I needed to hurry because I needed to go to the bank before it closed to get $10 worth of quarters to do laundry that has been piling up for 3 weeks now. So I make it to the bank (which is in a grocery store) and I decide that I need to get some bread and milk etc. So then I just start procrastinating again...get some bread...realize I am hungry and grab a crossaint...get some milk...you get the picture. So, I hadn't eaten all day (because I was so busy) and I grabbed some kind of crossaint-ish thing and I was eating it around the store just looking at how expensive everything is.

I finished shopping, but then I was frustrated because I didn't know HOW to explain to the cashier what I ate because I wasn't really exactly sure what it was. And so the thought ran through my mind that maybe I just shouldn't tell her. But then I thought, well, that would be stealing. But for about a minute I really thought that I would rather steal than look like an idiot trying to explain to the lady what I just ate.

I go to checkout and began to explain to the lady that I had eaten a croissant thing from the bakery cubby things...and yes, I said it just like that. She looked at me with this odd expression on her face and so I kept on rambling on about where I got it from and how there was no barcode on anything so I didn't know how to tell her. I told her they were right next to those "things" that have the jalapeno's on them. I must have looked like...yes, an idiot...and the lady behind me was like what the heck?
So then, the cashier says to me, "Umm, do you have your savings card?"
And I am like, "Yes, I do, but I don't want you to finalize this transaction because I ate one of those croissants".
I am starting to get kind of angry now because I am trying not to steal and she is just ignoring me!
Finally, she says, "Ooooh...you ate one?"
Yes, yes, I ate one. I took it out of the cubby and ate it while walking through the store dangit!
Okay, I didn't say that, I just nodded my head and nicely affirmed her statement.

But then, she freaked out.
She started speaking loudly about how "This nice young woman came and told her she ate a croissant". She explained to me that most people steal them. Then the lady behind me was like, "Oh yes, that is very nice of you". Then the cashier started yelling accross to the other cashier (who of course was about 3 rows away), "Hey Johnny! See this nice young girl?! She ate a croissant and told me about it...she didn't steal it!!"

My face must have been so red at this point.

I should have just stolen that darn croissant.

1 comment:

J. Lofquist said...

Lol. I love the way you tell stories. :-D