Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"Juno"


Finally saw "Juno" tonight. I have been wanting to see it for awhile. The best part was that I was able to hang out with my friends Jacque, Lauren, and Erin...whom I love :)
I do have some great friends.
Anyway, I laughed, I cried, I was surprised, nervous, sad, happy...it just had a little bit of every emotion to be felt. Honestly, I think it is a great movie to take your teenage kids too, because in the end, the whole situation wasn't perfectly happy; it was just okay. I mean, please, don't think I am crazy or anything for wanting to take your young child to see this movie, it's just that most of the time parents don't want to talk to their kids about sex and relationships. So then where do they learn everything? TV, friends, movies etc. This probably isn't the best place to be learning. So, if you need a movie to "break the ice", and start a conversation, then this is probably for you. But I guess if you are like my mother, you won't need a movie. She was pretty outspoken about the issue.
This movie also touched my heart because of Jennifer Garner's character (the adopting mother). She wanted the baby so badly. If you don't know, I am adopted. I was adopted at birth because my parents tried for 10 years to have a baby and it just didn't happen. My mom wanted me so bad, and I really felt that in this movie. I had a glimpse of what my mom felt when she couldn't have a baby inside of her.
So, I loved it. It was very cute and heartwarming. You can also read Ben Witherington's review on his blog (the link is on my blog). Isn't that cool? Ben Witherington writing on a review on "Juno"...I love it.

No comments: