Thursday, January 10, 2008

2008 Questions

Ryan Townsend has challenged us to think over these few questions as we begin the new year.
Read the full article here:
http://blog.9marks.org/2008/01/consider-your-w.html

I edited my original post and answered some of the questions:

What’s one thing you could do this year to increase your enjoyment of God?

Read the Bible more.

What’s the most humanly impossible thing you will ask God to do this year?

Bring salvation to my family.

What’s the single most important thing you could do to improve the quality of your family life this year?

Spend more time with them.

In which spiritual discipline do you most want to make progress this year, and what will you do about it?

Read the Bible/memorize scripture…I will try.

What is the single biggest time-waster in your life, and what will you do about it this year?

Being on the internet. I want to get into the habit of picking up a book instead of logging into safari.

What is the most helpful new way you could strengthen your church?

Not really “new”…I could love the members of my church better.

For whose salvation will you pray most fervently this year?

My dad’s

What’s the most important way you will, by God’s grace, try to make this year different from last year?

By God’s grace alone, I want to be more patient.

What one thing could you do to improve your prayer life this year?

Pray more. Ha, umm, by asking people how I can be praying for them. Having deeper conversations with people. If I walk away from a conversation without knowing how to better pray for that person, than I have completely failed.


What single thing that you plan to do this year will matter most in ten years?
Build trust with the people that I am ministering to and/or alongside with.

In eternity?
Sharing the gospel with people who are lost.


What’s the most important decision you need to make this year?
What I am doing when I graduate.

What is your most important financial goal this year, and what is the most important step you can take toward achieving it?
Actually having money in my savings account and then, support missionaries overseas. Step = getting a real job (or two).

What one thing do you most regret about last year, and what will you do about it this year?
Letting stupid things come out of my mouth. I want to meditate on the fact that I want to words from my mouth to be pleasing to God.

What’s the most important trip you want to take this year?
I want to go to Europe…or at LEAST, buy my ticket for 2009.

To what need or ministry will you try to give an unprecedented amount this year?
Full time missionaries.

What one biblical doctrine do you most want to understand better this year, and what will you do about it?
Understand how God speaks to us through His Word. I need to read more Calvin.

1 comment:

Frank & Lela said...

Oooh...I might steal this one for a blog to be named later! Thanks Carrie!

Blessings,
F.S.